Recently I was cleaning out my nightstand and I came across my bucket list. Reading it over made me realize two things. 1) It desperately needed to be updated. There were many things on it that I really had no interest in doing any more. 2) I haven’t really accomplished many of the items on the list even though I wrote it back in 2010. So far the only items I have crossed off the list are run a 5k and go to a Garth Brooks concert. Because of that I figured I would post the list here and maybe that would encourage me to cross off some more items.
So here is my bucket list. It has everything from silly to serious and everything in between. In no particular order.
1. Travel to Greece– Someday when money allows I will see those sparkly blue waters.
2. Go on a cruise – Believe it or not, I have never been on one!
3. Take Brennen to Disney World – This was one of my favorite family vacations as a kid and I want Brennen to experience it too!
4. Take a cooking class – Not sure why about this one. But it seems like fun to me and I could learn something in the process.
5. Take a dance class – I love to go out dancing! So this would be so fun for me.
6. Go snowboarding – Hard to believe that I live in Michigan and I have never skied (other than cross country) or snowboarded! I am not a big fan of Winter but maybe if I had a Winter hobby I would be!
7. Try indoor rock climbing – I am deathly afraid of heights but I still want to do it. Should be interesting!
8. Go on a zip line – Not sure why I am feeling the need to torture myself with another height challenge but it looks like it would be fun if I could just get over my fear!
9. Go to a planetarium – This should be an easy one to cross off the list!
10. Go to New York City – Lots of things I would like to do there!
11. Be in the audience of a live TV show – Doesn’t matter which one. Just think it would be interesting.
12. Go to Tigers Opening day – I live in Detroit and I have never been to opening day for the Tigers. It seems like a great excuse to miss work for the day if you ask me!
13. Go to the Lions game on Thanksgiving – Again, as a Detroiter, it just seems like the right thing to do. 😉
14. Make a bear at Build-A-Bear – This one is kind of silly but I have always wanted to do it and never have.
15. Run a marathon – This will have to wait until Brennen gets a little older so that I have more time that I can devote to training. But I would love to have a 26.2 sticker on the back of my car!
16. Pay for in-vitro for a couple who otherwise couldn’t afford it. – Obviously this will have to wait until I win the lottery or become much more financially stable. But I would love to give this kind of gift to someone since this is how Brennen came into our lives.
17. Try CrossFit – I love watching CrossFit on TV and I think it could be a very addicting workout for me!
18. Try Zumba – Dancing and working out all in one! Why not give it a go?
19. Ride a mechanical bull – This might involve some adult beverages first!
20. Find someone to grow old & grumpy with – Doesn’t everyone want this?
21. Finish Bachelor’s Degree – Better late than never.
22. Go to a corn maze – Never been but have always wanted to. Just not a scary corn maze, I don’t like scary stuff.
What is on your bucket list?