This post was made possible by the Verizon Health and Fitness Voices program. As a participant of the program I have been provided with a wireless device and six months of service in exchange for my honest opinions about the product. I was also invited to Chicago to kick off the program which included a hotel stay, travel expenses and an entry into the Shamrock Shuffle 8k. Click here for more info on the program.
My new Motorola Droid RAZR HD has inspired me to find some new apps, so I thought I would share my favorite ones with you. I am sure it is no surprise to you that I LOVE the apps for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. You may even say I am addicted to them but I want to highlight apps outside of the ones that most of us use. And all of the apps I am going to list are free because no one really likes to pay for apps, right?
1. Fooducate – I love the FoodFacts.com website but since they don’t have an app for Droid this is the next best thing. You can search for any food items either by typing in the name or scanning the barcode. You can also shake your phone to have the app select a random product for you. Once your food items comes up the app will tell you all about the food so you can make a choice that works best for your diet! It will also give you alternatives to the item that you searched!
2. PhotoGrid – I always used to wonder how people made those fun photo collages and added nifty little sayings to them. I was excited to stumble upon this awesome app because that is exactly what it does!
3. GTasks – I’m a Google lover and this app helps me access my task list from my Gmail account no matter where I am. I don’t know about you, but I love crossing items off of my list.
4. The Weather Channel – This may seem like a strange app to list as an app I love. But I really do! I’ve tried other weather apps and didn’t like them as much. Besides how would I know how to dress myself and Little B each day? Not to mention scope out the weather for my runs and races!
5. Real Racing 2 – Ok, so this app isn’t really for me, it’s for Little B. He LOVES LOVES LOVES this car racing app. I may be guilty of using it from time to time to keep him occupied so maybe the app is for me after all. 😉
Now I want to hear from you, what apps are you loving right now?