This post is made possible by Verizon. While I was not compensated in any way for this post, I did receive a demo Nokia Lumia 822 and a Jawbone UP to review. Both were returned to Verizon and as always, all opinions are my own.
Ready to find out how I have been enjoying my Nokia Lumia 822 and the Jawbone UP?
First let me preface this review by saying that I am not in any way “techy”. I certainly enjoy technology and trying out new gadgets but if you are looking for a breakdown in the specifications of either device, I am not your girl. However, if you want to know how a “regular” person enjoyed either of these devices, then I am your girl and you should keep reading!
First let’s get started with the Nokia Lumia. I am going to break down my thoughts about the phone into five different areas.
1. Ease of Use – I am a DROID girl and have been for many years. The Nokia Lumia was my first experience with a Windows based phone and I am pleased to say that there wasn’t much of a learning curve. It was easy to use and adapt to. That is a big plus as I don’t want to spend a lot of time learning how to use a phone.
2. Availability of Apps – I love my apps and fortunately all the apps that I use were available on the Lumia. A few of the apps had different names than what I am used to. For example, Instagram is called 6tag, which evidently is an unofficial and unsupported Instagram app but it did everything the normal Instagram app does. My only worry is that eventually the unsupported apps could cease to exist and then what?
3. Customizability – I like to make my phone feel like it is an extension of who I am. The home screen on the Nokia Lumia is very customizable from changing the color of the tiles to changing the size and arrangement of the tiles. I liked it a lot!
4. Quality of Camera – I am guilty of pretty much just using the camera on my phone to take pictures. Rarely do I bring along a regular camera just because I don’t like to lug around extra stuff. The camera on the Lumia was ok, nothing spectacular.
5. Overall Look and Feel – I am one of those people who likes my phone to look pretty and I do like the look of the Lumia. It also was good-sized. Not being too small or too large. It fit nicely into the pockets of my purse and fit comfortably in my hand. Sounds silly but that kind of stuff matters.
Overall I like the Nokia Lumia! Now would it make me switch from my DROID? Probably not. If I was going to make a switch to a different phone it would need to be something that really blew me away. It has however, piqued my interest in trying the Nokia Lumia 1020 which is touted to have an amazing camera. If Verizon ends up getting that phone I would be pumped to give that a try!
Now let’s talk about the Jawbone UP! I actually have a bit of a confession to make. The bf ended up using it more than I did which actually worked to your benefit because he has used the FitBit in the past and thus was able to compare the two. He put together an awesome review and comparison of both the Jawbone UP and the FitBit that you can read by clicking HERE.
Now I want to hear what you look for in a smartphone! What features are most important to you?
And have you thought about trying a Windows based phone?