This post is made possible by Verizon. While I was not compensated in any way for this post, I did receive a demo Moto X to review. It was returned to Verizon and as always, all opinions are my own.
Before I go in-depth about the Moto X I have to tell you that it is by far my favorite phone that I have ever used. I loved it so much that when it was time for me to exchange it for a different phone to review, a DROID ULTRA no less, I really really really did not want to give it back. So if you are in the market for a new phone, I strongly encourage you to consider the Moto X and while you are at it pick one up for me because I miss it.
I am going to review this phone in the same fashion that I reviewed the Nokia Lumia 822, so let’s get started!
1. Ease of Use – The Moto X has an Android operating system so naturally that makes me happy. But it had a lot of cool features that I haven’t seen on another DROID as of yet. It can respond to your voice without even touching it just by saying “Ok Google Now” and you can open the camera with just two flicks of your wrist! My favorite feature is that there is no annoying blinking light when you get a notification. Instead, notifications just quietly come across the middle of the phone and you can decide if you want to see it now or later.
2. Availability of Apps – Apps are available through the Google Play Store and there is every app under the sun that you could possibly want.
3. Customizability – There are a plethora of wallpapers installed in the phone that you can pick from. I really enjoyed the live wallpapers which I found myself playing with on a constant basis. Lol You can also organize your apps in any fashion you prefer as well as add and customize widgets to your liking.
4. Quality of Camera – The Moto X takes greats pics! There is definitely no need to have another camera with you which is perfect for me!
5. Overall Look and Feel – This is where the Moto X really shined for me. It seemed to fit perfectly in my hand. The edges of the phone are curved so it felt very comfortable. The back of the phone was textured so I never felt like it was going to slip out of my hands. There is also a little circle on the back of the phone with the Motorola emblem that my finger naturally fell into which made it feel even more secure. The phone is really perfectly shaped!
Have you used the Moto X? What do you think of it?