This post is made possible by Verizon. While I was not compensated in any way for this post, I did receive a demo Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy Gear to review. Both (unfortunately) were returned to Verizon and as always, all opinions are my own.
I was super excited to have the opportunity to try out the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Gear. I have had my eye on both of these for a while and neither disappointed me!
1. Ease of Use – The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has an Android operating system and you probably know by now that I am a Droid girl so this made me feel right at home. The only thing that did take a bit to get used to was the S Pen. Not that it was hard to use, I just forgot about it because I am not used to having that option. I have to say that it was a nice and unique feature of this phone! The Samsung Galaxy gear watch was very easy to set up and connect with the phone and use.
2. Availability of Apps – Everything you could want or need is available. I did find that the app for Twitter was a little different but it was just a matter of getting used to it.
3. Customizability – Other than the standard Droid options the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 also offered a magazine style layout and scrapbook feature. I thought both were fun and useful.
4. Quality of Camera – Both the phone and the watch took great pictures! Check out this pic I took of Chewie from the watch.
5. Overall Look and Feel – Initially when I got the phone I didn’t think I was going to like the size of it. It IS quite large.
The watch is also pretty big as well but I am used to big watches since I run with a Garmin.
In the end I didn’t find the size of either to be a nuisance at all!
Some other notes about the watch. If you are someone who doesn’t like to be far from your phone the watch gives you the freedom to leave your phone but still be connected. It was a lot of fun to use.
B especially loved the watch and used it to channel his inner spy kid! (Thanks to Chewie for the photo bomb.)