Last week I introduced you to my friend Jaymi and her son Marshall who was involved in a lawn mower accident. I listed many different ways that you could help their family and I want to thank all of you who have donated, sent a card, shared their story , said a prayer, or have helped in any other way. Now I am asking you to help in a different way.
I am asking you to log some miles for Marshall.
It seems like a simple request but it is one that will mean a lot. As I mentioned before Jaymi is a runner and like myself and all other runners out there she has found a lot of strength and solace in her runs. As you can imagine, running is not something Jaymi or Marshall are able to do right now. But we can.
We can log those miles for her and for Marshall. We can show Jaymi that the running community is behind her and her family.
Not a runner? Feel free to log those miles in any way you prefer. Walking, cycling, swimming you name it…just log those miles.
So how does it work?
1. Go for a run, walk, bike ride, swim etc and keep Marshall and his family in your thoughts. Take pictures, appreciate the little things along your route and enjoy every moment.
2. After running, walking, cycling, swimming etc post a recap of your workout on social media and use the hashtag #Miles4Marshall.
3. Head over to Marshall’s Facebook page by clicking here and share your recap with him and Jaymi. Post any pictures that you took along the way and leave a message for Marshall, Jaymi and the rest of the family.
4. Encourage others to do the same. The more Miles4Marshall the better!
5. Have a blog? Write about the miles that you dedicated to Marshall. Share his story. The more support the better! Don’t have a blog but want to write about the miles that you dedicated? Contact me at email@example.com to arrange for a guest post on my blog!