Part of being a runner is taking runfies, am I right? And if you are not a runner I am sure you have still been exposed to the runfie trend as we can’t help but post them to social media as often as possible. Otherwise how would other people know that we even went for a run?!
Training and knowledge is key to becoming a better runner AND for taking better runfies so let’s take a look at my tips for making your runfies stand out amongst all the other runfies out there!
1. Strike A Pose! – Why just stand there while taking your runfie? Strike a pose! Channel your inner super hero, your inner diva or even your favorite elite runner. The better the pose, the better the runfie!
2. Background Basics – Pay attention to your background while taking a runfie. Great backgrounds include: the start or finish line of a race, a picturesque nature view, the hottie running behind you, etc! The key is to be creative and attentive to the background of your runfie as it will make all of the difference between a ho-hum runfie and a runfie that goes viral.
3. Express Yourself – Don’t hide those face expressions! Use them to convey how you really feel about your run. Think of your runfie as a way to tell the story of your run without using words so smile, grimace, cry, etc. Let it all out in your runfie!
4. Show The Bling – A good race runfie is not complete without one of you and the medal. In fact it is mandatory and it would be breaking the runfie code of conduct if you did not comply. So go ahead, wear that medal, bite it, hold it up by your face or however else you like to get the medal in your runfie, but just make sure you take that medal runfie for all to see!
5. Invest in a Runfie Stick – When you are ready to take your runfie game to the next level, you should invest in a runfie stick. I recently received the CELFIE Bluetooth Wireless Long Selfie Stick to review and I have found it perfect for taking runfies. It syncs effortlessly to my iPhone and take pictures at the click of a button. It’s also pink which helps bring out my inner diva. Now if I could just find a running belt that would allow me to clip my runfie stick into it …..
I am sure that you have gathered by now that this is a tongue in cheek post meant to provide you with a bit of humor about runfies. I shamelessly admit to taking runfies and plan to continue doing so because I love to share my passion for running. I hope you share your passions as well, be it through runfies or another medium!
Are you a runfie taker?
What runfie tips would you add to the list?